Welcome to the Tinderbox Project, a dynamic hub for youth music and arts and Edinburgh.
Bringing together young people and professionals from around the city, the Tinderbox Project is a vibrant mix of orchestras, bands, artists, voices, colours and cultures. We provide a range of workshops, programmes, festivals and public events, aiming to inspire young people and involve them in the exciting contemporary arts scene in Edinburgh and beyond.
Journey of a Thousand Wings
Tinderbox Orchestra, Choir, International bands and musicians.
Plus live visuals & storytelling.
"World-class musicians flock to Scotland from China, Chile and the Balkans to collaborate with Edinburgh’s ground-breaking 50-piece experimental youth orchestra"
7th Dec @ Queens Hall Edinburgh, 7pm.
Buy Tickets Here
Crowdfunding page here if you would like to support
Edinburgh’s ground-breaking Tinderbox Orchestra will perform original compositions side by side with musicians, singers and artists from an eclectic array of international bands and social projects including:
- Singer Zhe Song from alternative folk-rock band Dawanggang in Beijing, China.
- Energy-fuelled Chilean folk group Ensamble Transatlantico de Folk Chileno.
- Internationally celebrated composer Prof. Nigel Osborne’s (MBE) and his “Balkans Music Camps”, featuring musicians from Serbia and Croatia.
- The Edinburgh Youth Gaitherin’s “Archives Project”, inspired by the national archives at The School of Scottish Studies, University of Edinburgh.
- Mercury/MOBO award-winning jazz saxophonist Denys Baptiste and his compositional project “Now's the Time ... Let Freedom Ring!”, celebrating the 50 year anniversary of Martin Luthar King’s seminal “I had a Dream” speech.
Live visuals, stories and animation will thread the programme together. These have been created by artist Kate MacKay, Film Maker Lorna Simpson, and VJ artists Adventures in Light, working in partnership with 5 groups in Scotland, India and China, as well as the bands and projects described above. These include:
- Alchemy Arts collaborative installation “Journey of a Thousand Wings”
- Hua Dan “Dumpling Dreams Theatre and Migration Project” (Beijing & Sichuan, China)
- Swechha youth project (Delhi, India)
- Kaimes School (Edinburgh, Scotland)
- Multicultural Family Base (Edinburgh, Scotland)
7th Dec @ Queens Hall
Journey of a Thousand Wings - Tinderbox Orchestra & Friends
Tickets available here
Facebook Event here
Sign up to our Newsletter here
Follow us on Facebook...
Follow us on Twitter @TinderboxProj